Common applications are for soil and service pipes passing vertically via a gas barrier or membrane to maintain a continuous seal. Top hats are suitable for installation at ceiling level for pipe protrusions to assist in reducing air leakage. All jubilee clips are supplied separate to top hat units.
- In areas outlined in BRE document ‘Radon’ guidance on protective measures in new dwellings
- When gas protection is required across the footprint of the building
- Crossing cavity wall constructions to maintain gas barrier integrity
- Forming internal perimeter trays to allow membranes continuity
- Collars for service pipe protrusions
- Following a risk assessment where the requirement is for a good gas protection measure against Radon, Co2, Methane and Hydrocarbon
- To be designed and installed in a continuous system around the whole building perimeter